The Church of Panagia Eleftherotria (the Liberator) is located on the hill Patrice on the Saronic island of Salamina. The church was a solemn promise of the island's people for their liberation from the Germans in World War 2. At this hill many were killed because the hill was a minefield.
In 1998 the church was built over the ruins of a German gun emplacement, in commemoration of the liberation of the island from the Germans on October 12, 1944. For this reason the church was named Eleftherotria (the woman who liberates) and it is celebrated on October 12.