|All Saints of Demetriados (Feast Day - Sunday of the Samaritan Woman)|
The feast of the Synaxis of All Saints of Demetriados was established in 1970 by the late Metropolitan Elias of Demetriados, and its celebration was renewed once more in 1994 with the blessing of the late Archbishop Christodoulos of Athens and All Greece. From that time the Saints who lived, taught, strived and were martyred in the region of Demetriados are annually honored on the Sunday of the Samaritan Woman.
Among these Saints are the following:
- Saint Bessarion, first Bishop of Demetriados (Sept. 15)
- Saint Damianos of Kissavos (Feb. 14)
- Saint Gedeon the New of Kapournis (Dec. 30)
- Saint Symeon the Barefoot (Apr. 19)
- Saint Gerasimos, Founder of the Monastery of Sourvia (Sept. 14)
- Saint Laurentios (May 10)
- Saint Dionysios of Olympus (Jan. 23)
- Saint Apostolos the New (Aug. 16)
- Saint Trantaphyllos of Zagora (Aug. 8)
- Saint Stamatios of Volos (Aug. 16)
- Saints Zinaida and Philonilla the Sisters (Oct. 11)
Through the intercessions Lord of Your Mother the Xeniotissa, and the chorus of all the Saints of Demetriados, inspire, illumine and keep Your people from all harm.
Source: Translated by John Sanidopoulos.