- Elder, I am struck by the courage of the Myrrhbearers.
- The Myrrhbearers had great trust in Christ, they were in a spiritual state, which is why they spared nothing. This is why they were worthy to hear from the Angel the joyous news of the Resurrection.
- Elder, how can we live the joy of the Resurrection?
- We should cultivate joyful mourning, in order for true joy to come to us. If we live Holy Week with reverence and solemnity, we will live with spiritual jubilation and divine joy the Holy Resurrection.
- Elder, is it natural to not feel much joy on the night of the Resurrection?
- Yes, it's natural. Because the feeling of sorrow is greater than the feeling of joy, we cannot in one day get over this condition of the soul. However, slowly-slowly, during Renewal Week, which is like one paschal day, the pain of Holy Week departs and the soul is filled with resurrection joy.
- Why, Elder, in some monasteries do they do a litany on the Second or Third day of Pascha?
- To scatter Paschal joy.
During Renewal Week everything is beat together - bells, simandra, and the heart pounds strongly with living the "It is the day of Resurrection...."
I pray that you always rejoice with spiritual jubilation, with continuous joy, and with an inner sweet excitement.
From Λόγοι Γ. Παΐσιου, τόμος ΣΤ, σ. 203-204. Translated by John Sanidopoulos.