November 10, 2011

The Tomb of Saint Arsenios of Cappadocia

St. Arsenios of Cappadocia reposed on November 10, 1924. In 1958 his relics were brought from Kerkyra to Konitsa by Elder Paisios, and in 1970 the same Elder Paisios brought them to the female monastery dedicated to St. John the Theologian in Souroti. On February 11, 1986 he was glorified as a Saint by the Ecumenical Patriarchate. His relics have become a source of many miracles.

Below is a photo of a portion of his relics in the Church of Panagia Nafpliou in Nafplion, his skull in the monastery of Souroti, Elder Paisios with the skull of St. Arsenios, his tombstone, and a video of Farasa where St. Arsenios served as a priest in Asia Minor.