For lack of any good online end of the world soundtracks, I decided to post my own. About seven years ago I compiled an end of the world soundtrack at a time when my own personal life felt like the end of my world was coming. Here is the result. I titled it "The Only End of the World Soundtrack You Need". I left a couple of songs out and added one that is not on the original. The one I added was P.J. Harvey's "Let England Shake" from 2011, mainly because I thought it fits better, as it was inspired by one of the most horrific battles in history, the Battle of Gallipoli, when the British tried to take Istanbul from the Turks. I'm just listing this for my own personal archives and for those interested, as I know many of my readers do not share in my musical tastes. It is for the rockers among my readers. For the sensitive ones, I would suggest you not click on the videos either (some show violence, war imagery, and are a bit provocative). Just keep in mind, this is all in fun as I join in the end of the world humor of December 21, 2012.
1. Love and Rockets - "Here On Earth"
2. The Clash - "Police and Thieves"
3. David Bowie - "Five Years"
4. Death In Vegas - "Soul Auctioneer"
5. Duane Eddy (edited by Trent Reznor) - "The Trembler"
6. P.J. Harvey - "Let England Shake"
7. Siouxsie and the Banshees - "Cities In Dust"
8. Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"
9. Rammstein - "Engel"
10. Marilyn Manson - "Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes"
11. Static X - "Anything But This"
12. Ministry - "Destruction"
13. Skinny Puppy - "Assimilate"
14. Sisters of Mercy - "Black Planet"
15. Cowboy Junkies - "Sweet Jane" (Natural Born Killers)
16. Marilyn Manson - "The Last Day On Earth"
17. Iron Maiden - "Children of the Damned"
18. The Doors - "The End"