The following ten definitions are
The Horoi (Definitions)
By St. Diadochos of Photiki
1. Faith: dispassionate understanding of God.
2. Hope: the flight of the nous in love towards that for which it hopes.
3. Patience: with the noetic eyes always to see the Invisible as visible, having unceasing perseverance.
4. Freedom from avarice: to desire not to have possessions with the same fervor as men generally desire to have possessions.
5. Knowledge: to lose awareness of oneself through going out to God in ecstasy.
6. Humility: attentive forgetfulness of what one has accomplished.
7. Freedom from anger: a real longing not to lose one's temper.
8. Purity: the perpetual sense of being united with God.
9. Love: growing affection for those who abuse us.
10. Total transformation: through delight in God, to look on the repulsiveness of death as a joy.